Have you ever wondered what the net worth of DJ Khaled is? Well, the record producer and media personality is wildly popular for his incredible beats. Khaled Mohamed Khaled, better known as DJ Khaled, first gained fame as a radio host in the 1990s. Now, he’s won dozens of awards and produces beats for some of the most famous artists in the world. Khaled is also president of the record label ‘Def Jam South’ and CEO and founder of ‘We the Best Music Group.’
With all of these accomplishments, the net worth of DJ Khaled is $75 million. How did he do it? In this post, we’ll show you how the record-producing king made his fortune.
Khaled Mohamed Khaled was born on November 26, 1975, in New Orleans, Louisiana. His parents were both Palestinian and immigrated to the United States. Not only that, but they were also musicians, which is why Khaled developed an early passion for it.
Despite his parents mainly playing Arabic music, DJ Khaled developed an early passion for rap and soul. His parents supported his newfound passion, and he went on to work at a local Merry-Go-Round store. His job here laid the foundation for his eventual music career.
DJ Khaled had a hustler’s mentality from the beginning. It’s no secret he has masterful networking skills. In fact, he used his charisma to his advantage at the beginning of his career. One of Khaled’s first jobs was at the Odyssey record store in New Orleans. There, he met several up-and-coming artists and acquainted them before their breakthroughs. Some of these artists include Birdman, Mavado, and even Lil Wayne.
In the early 1990s, DJ Khaled would mainly DJ in reggae sound clashes. During these clashes, he’d mix dancehall with hip-hop. His first radio gig was actually on a pirate station. But once he got his feet wet, he eventually moved to Miami and co-hosted “The Luke Show.”
With building momentum, DJ Khaled finally released his debut album, “Listennn…” Koch Record released the album and soon after it premiered on the US Billboard 200 chart at number 12. DJ Khaled has since gone on to produce the following albums:
|Title||Peak chart positions|
|Listennn… the Album||12|
|We the Best||8|
|We the Best Forever||5|
|Kiss the Ring||4|
|Suffering from Success||7|
|I Changed a Lot||12|
|Father of Asahd||2|
DJ Khaled’s Snapchat Fame
Around 2017, DJ Khaled exploded in popularity thanks to his wacky posts on Snapchat. He became famous for sharing his “major key alerts” with fans: pieces of advice he felt were crucial to success. His entertaining personality combined with his charisma took the world by storm and also gave Snapchat a ton of free publicity.
According to a March 2017 Wired story, DJ Khaled’s posts on Snapchat were seen by 3 million to 4 million people each at the time. He now has more than 9 million followers on Instagram and more than 4 million on Twitter.
DJ Khaled Net Worth 2021
As of 2021, the net worth of DJ Khaled is an estimated $75 million. He went from living in his car at one point to producing music for some of the hottest names in the business. At home, Khaled and his wife Nicole Tuck have a son, Asahd Tuck Khaled, born on October 23, 2016. Khaled garnered attention after streaming the birth live on… You guessed it: his Snapchat account.
Since coming on to the scene as a premier record executive, DJ Khaled has won the following awards:
- Best Rap/Sung Performance (Grammy Awards) – 2019
- Favorite Song – Rap/Hip-Hop: “I’m The One” (American Music Awards) – 2017
- Best Collaboration (MTV Video Music Awards) – 2018
DJ Khaled Net Worth: Key Takeaways
- Nothing in life is free – DJ Khaled built his empire from nothing. All he had was his charisma, talent, and connections. While we continue to work hard enough to replicate the type of success DJ Khaled has seen in his career, keep this in mind. We can take on this DJ Khaled mindset and understand that everything comes with a price.
- Reject the naysayers – DJ Khaled often refers to the people who want to see him fail as “They.” He constantly warns about them. That they will try to deter you from your goals, bring you down when things are going in your favor. As cliche as it may sound, it’s true and something we constantly hear from business owners. You need to have thick skin to ignore what your doubters will tell you.
- Don’t ever play yourself – One of DJ Khaled’s signature phrases. You can hear him say it in many of his songs. When he says this, he intends to warn us to avoid self-sabotage. “Don’t do anything foolish to compromise your joy and prosperity.”