Have you ever wondered what the net worth of Zayn Malik is? Well, the British musician rose to prominence after being a contestant on “The X Factor.” Following his elimination as a solo performer, the producers brought him back on to the show. Along with four other contestants, Zayn formed the wildly popular boy band, “One Direction.”
Eventually, Zayn left the group in 2015 and signed a solo deal with RCA Records. As of August 2022, Zayn Malik has a net worth of $75 million. In this post, we’ll show you how he amassed his enormous wealth.
Zayn Javvad Malik was born on January 12, 1993, in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. Though he had an Islamic upbringing, he no longer identifies as Muslim. His heritage actually caused him to be bullied at a young age by unfriendly peers. Before pursuing music, he had aspirations to become an English Teacher.
Zayn Malik in One Direction
Zayn Malik first stepped into the limelight when he was on “The X Factor.” He reportedly signed up simply because the experience interested him. Sadly, the show’s judges did not choose him to advance as a solo artist. Instead, they paired him with Harry Styles and the gang. The rest, as they say, is history.
The group of five musicians formed One Direction and took the world by storm. Since the group’s inception in 2010, they have now sold over 20 million albums worldwide. Below is a list of the group’s revenue generation of their most successful spans of performance:
- June 2013 – June 2014: $75 million in revenue
- June 2014 – June 2015: $130 million in revenue
- “Where We Are” Tour: $282 million in revenue (second-highest distinction for a vocal group in history)
Zayn Malik Leaves One Direction
Zayn Malik left One Direction in 2015 to pursue a solo professional career. Following his departure, the band went on a break as a whole. Eventually, each member went on to pursue their own professional careers. They have all managed to generate modest to outstanding success. In particular, Zayn Malik and Harry Styles have grown to become nationwide icons.
When Zayn Malik left One Direction, there wasn’t much question he’d be a success. In an interview with Zane Lowe for Apple Music’s Beats 1, he announced an exciting new record deal with RCA Records as well as the name of his latest album at the time, “Mind of Mine.”
Shortly after, Zayn dropped the album’s lead single, “Pillowtalk.” The song swept the nation, debuting at #1 in multiple countries as well and on the US Billboard Hot 100. It became the 25th song to debut at number one, making him the first UK artist to debut at number one on the Hot 100 with a first charted single.
The single’s performance propelled Malik to number six on the Billboard Artist 100 chart. Worldwide, he had the highest first-day and weekly streams for a debut artist. The album’s second official single, “Like I Would”, reached number one on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart.
Mind of Mine debuted at number one in a number of countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, and United States, where he became the first British male solo artist to debut at number one with his first album.
Zayn Malik is widely regarded as one of the most influential celebrities in fashion. In fact, in 2016, Malik made his debut on The Business of Fashion’s annual BoF500 index. He’s collaborated with multiple heavy-hitters in the industry, including Giuseppe Zanotti, Adwoah Aboah, and Donatella Versace.
Zayn Malik is also popular for his heavy involvement in philanthropy. He is an official ambassador of the British Asian Trust charity group, contributing to improving the lives of disadvantaged people living in South Asia.
With his former group One Direction, he contributed to African fundraising events with Comic Relief. Most recently, he expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement, by sharing links to petitions and donating to the George Floyd memorial fund. Separately, Malik speaks English and Urdu and can read Arabic.
Zayn Malik Net Worth 2022
As of August 2022, the net worth of Zayn Malik is $75 million. Zayn Malik has elevated himself to become one of the most successful young artists of our time. Over the course of his young career, Zayn has received 16 awards and 38 nominations. Among them, he has won an American Music Award, Billboard Music Award, iHeartRadio Music Award, and an MTV Video Music Award.
With his massive net worth, he’s made multiple huge real estate purchases. Most famously, in 2018, he paid $10.7 million for a penthouse in the Soho neighborhood of Manhattan. The penthouse, one of three in the building, spans 3,600 square feet of living space and features 4 bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms. It also has a 1,000-square-foot private roof terrace.
Zayn Malik Net Worth: Key Takeaways
- Take risks: Zayn Malik, on many occasions, has cited the importance of taking risks. As a seventeen-year-old kid on “The X factor,” he had absolutely no idea what he was getting himself into. But his gigantic risk ended up paying off in the end, resulting in the creation of One Direction. You know the entrepreneurial mantra: “Fail fast and fail hard.” Zayn embodies this mentality to the fullest.
- Appreciate what you have: Zayn has referenced the importance of appreciating what you currently have. Rather than constantly focusing on what you don’t have or what you want to have, you need to first live in the moment. He says, “Learn to appreciate what you have before time forces you to appreciate what you had.”
- Never compromise your beliefs: For anyone, ever. One of Zayn’s biggest pieces of advice is to hold true to your beliefs and don’t allow yourself to be engulfed by the opinions of others. When you hold on to your beliefs, amazing accomplishments will follow.