Have you ever wondered what the net worth of Young Jeezy is? Well, the American rapper is a pioneer for trap music and worth a fortune. Jeezy has been in the industry for over 15 years. As of June 2022, Young Jeezy has a net worth of $6 million. This post will guide you on his journey to success.
Young Jeezy, formerly known as Jay Wayne Jenkins, was born in Columbia, South Carolina, on September 28, 1977.
His parents separated when he was young, and Jeezy spent a lot of time bouncing around from different family members’ homes as a child.
Ultimately he settled in Atlanta, Georgia. Times were tough for Jeezy, and because of the lack of family presence, he befriended many crip gang members. While the gang did provide a sense of family for him, it also led to trouble.
When he was around 17 years old, he spent nine months in YCA (Youth Challenge Academy), a boot camp for young adults who were caught for possession of narcotics.
Once released, he was able to stay out of trouble and turned to music as a potential career choice. In 1998, he launched Corporate Thugz Entertainment, a music label based out of Atlanta. This would be the start of his illustrious music career.
In 2001, Jeezy released his first album Thuggin’ Under The Influence (T.U.I.), showcasing a unique gravely voice matched with a trap rap style.
He also released Come Shop with Me, a two-CD set. After the release a friend of his showed the project to Shakir Stewart, then Vice President of Def Jam Recordings. Stewart loved it and signed Jeezy to a record deal as a result.
The first project under the label was Let’s Get it: Thug Motivation 101, and the album debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 and became certified platinum by the RIAA.
He would follow up with the release of Inspiration 2006. This album topped the Billboard 200 with over 352,000 copies sold.
Jeezy quickly established himself as one of the hottest rappers in the game and was making a name for himself.
He kept the ball rolling with The Recession, which would be his second straight number one album, as it also topped the Billboard 200. This project had notable features, including Nas, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, and more.
The Recession earned Jeezy a Grammy nomination for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group (Kanye West) and B.E.T.’s Best Male Hip-Hop Artist award.
Jeezy would release seven more studio albums:
- TM103: Hustler’s Ambition(2011)
- Seen It All: The Autobiography, (2014)
- Church in These Streets, (2015)
- Trap or Die 3, (2016)
- TM104: The Legend of the Snowman (2019)
- The Recession (2020)
The most successful being Trap or Die 3, which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, becoming his third album to do so. His ability to produce quality music over such a long time has made him a role model for aspiring young artists from the south and has led to large amounts of wealth.
Young Jeezy Net Worth 2022
As of June 2022, Young Jeezy has a net worth of $6 million. His wealth is from his music sales, features, and tour dates. He has also appeared in two movies, Janky Promoters (2009) and I Got the Hook up 2 (2019). Jeezy is one of the greatest rappers to come out of Atlanta, and his influence and reach are forever lasting.
- Focus up: Jeezy got caught up in legal troubles as a teenager, but once that was behind him, he really locked in and put all of his energy into rapping, which has led to enormous amounts of wealth and success. If you find yourself going down the wrong path, or feeling stuck, find a passion to focus on and see where it takes you.
- Look out for your people: Jeezy’s mixtape was given to the Vice President of Def Jam through a friendship. Without that transaction, Jeezy might not be where he is today, and now he’s worth millions. If you’re in a position to help someone, who you think has potential, it’s always best to be nice and put in a good word. It could all come back around and benefit you in the long run.ng Jeezy