Fiverr is a one-stop-shop solution for business owners looking for freelancers to help them grow their business. With over three million gigs, we will show in this Fiverr review that Fiverr had made hiring and contracting a freelancer easier than ever. Most projects contracted through Fiverr have a turn around time of a few days, and you can contact multiple freelancers for one project to find one that best fits your needs.
The massive talent pool in Fiverr might seem overwhelming, but Fiverr provides easy search functions that simplify the process of finding a qualified freelancer.
Fiverr was launched at the beginning of 2010. By the end of 2012, the website was hosting more than 1.3 million gigs.
As the marketplace has continued to grow in popularity, freelancers have driven down the cost of gigs. Fiverr’s services are highly affordable, and you can get gigs as low as $5. Whether you need someone to create business cards to build a fantastic website, Fiverr has it all.
Fiverr Service List
Fiver has a vast array of different services. And although you can get a gig for just $5, some can cost as much as $10,000. Regardless, all of Fiverr’s gigs fall under one of these eight categories.
- Graphics & Design – Collaborate with creatives to create logos, design cover art, and work on illustrations
- Digital Marketing – Work with freelancers to help with everything from SEO, to social media advertising, content marketing, and more
- Writing and Translation – Use individuals to help with copywriting, translation & editorial work, creating blog posts, and ebooks
- Video and Animation – Help tell your story through video and animation, whether that’s GIFs, character animation, or trailers
- Music and Audio – Perfect for working with composers, songwriters, podcast editors, and audiobook producers
- Programming and Technology – Whether you’re building a website, mobile app, or need IT support, this is a great resource
- Business – The best place to go if you need market research reports, a virtual assistant, or consulting services
- Lifestyle – If you’re looking for online lessons, advice, spiritual healing, or collectibles this is a great place to go
Thanks to the Fiverr platform, entrepreneurs can now outsource their non-core activities to low cost, high-quality providers all over the globe.
The key benefits of using Fiverr are its comprehensive gigs, confidentiality, and great bang for your buck. Although Fiverr only has eight categories on its platform, these categories are further divided into various subcategories.
For example, The Graphic & Design category has 39 different subcategories that you can explore to find the best fit for the project you want done.
If you know exactly what you would like done, you can simply use the search bar at the top of the website and type in the keywords of the service you are looking for, and Fiverr will match you with the best fit.
For example, in the image below, I entered “business cards” into the search box. Fiverr then gave me suggestions for the different types of business card freelance gigs there are from, “luxury,” to, “unique,” to, “professional.”
With customization like this, it’s no wonder that millions of people use it every year for freelance work.
Gig packages are a tool used by Fiverr that allows a freelancer to price their gigs in three different packages: Basic, Standard, and Premium. These packages provide efficiency and clarity in the buying and selling process. The more you pay for a gig, the more convenience, flexibility, and features you will typically receive.
Fiverr generally predefines the package attributes to reflect the most common add-ons of each subcategory. If your project has unique requirements, you can also message the freelancer before buying any of their packages to get a custom offer.
Fiverr gives users the convenience of using the currency as per their location. Users even get the freedom to change their display currency at their convenience. While a user is in the process of purchasing a gig, they can effortlessly check out in the currency of their choice.
Fiverr takes it’s security seriously. They regularly audit the platform to check for freelancers sending anything illegal, abusive, rude, spam, copyright protected, or violent. A specialized team reviews every service request reported by buyers of freelance services, and they take necessary actions based on their findings.
Fiverr provides excellent customer support to everyone who uses the platform. They have a friendly and dedicated customer support team available 24 hours, seven days a week. The support staff handles all tickets promptly and can reach out to you both via mail or chat.
Money-Back Guarantee On Fiverr
If you aren’t satisfied with the work you received from your freelancer, Fiverr offers a refund of the whole amount of the buyer’s purchase. This refund can be credited to your Fiverr account, or you can have the money sent to your Credit card or PayPal account.
What Makes Fiverr The Best?
There are many freelance services that one can use to help grow their business, but Fiverr has some distinct advantages over its competitors.
Fiverr’s Business Model
Fiverr’s business model is entirely different than other freelancing websites. For example, websites such as Upwork or Freelancer.com lets the buyer post a job that can attract a freelancer. Fiverr reverses the whole process by allowing freelancers to display their skills and the tasks they want to take.
Customers looking for a specific job can then go through the range of freelancers and hire those that are best suited for their project. This model makes finding someone much quicker as the freelancers are already showing what they can do, and all you have to do is place the order with them.
Moreover, Fiverr operates on an escrow model. This means that whenever a buyer purchases a gig from a freelancer, it does not directly go to them. Instead, Fiverr acts as an intermediary and keeps the amount in safe custody until the seller delivers the work. Upon successful delivery of the order, the amount gets transferred to the freelancer. This escrow model ensures complete safety for all the buyers that choose to work with Fiverr.
Vetting of Freelancers
As you can tell, Fiverr is a great platform to outsource quick, small, and easy jobs on a very tight budget. Fiverr has an extended pool of talent that offers several services. Not only does Fiverr have reviews for all of their freelancers, but it even has its freelancers separated by their skill levels into four different groups.
- Level 0: This means that the freelancer has just signed up and doesn’t have a designated score.
- Level 1: To achieve this level, you must be a member for at least 30 days and have ten sales with a positive rating
- Level 2: This level means that your freelancer has completed over 50 orders in the past two months
- Level 3: This is the highest-ranking a freelancer can have and must be hand-selected from the staff.
Having these different levels allows a buyer to feel confident when working with a freelancer and the ability to gauge the amount of work the freelancer receives.
Pros & Cons
As great as Fiverr is, it still isn’t perfect. In this section, we will break down the different pros and cons of the platform.
- Buying a service or product on Fiverr is efficient and fast.
- Creating an account and going through the payment process is simple and easy.
- You can easily compare different freelancers by looking at their reviews, levels, and price of services
- Fiverr allows its buyers to communicate with the freelancers before, during, and after the project is done
- Fiverr offers around the clock customer support
- Fiverr has very specific deadlines that the freelancer has to meet. Therefore, both parties know exactly when a project is due
- Fake reviews run can occur on Fiverr, which can lead to a false sense of competency
- Though there are money-back guarantees, the effort and time lost to get your money back can be irksome
- Not all sellers have English as their first language, which can hinder communication efforts
- Fiverr doesn’t guarantee professional craftsmanship and it is up to the buyer to make any edits if necessary
Fiverr is a top-notch website and has many high-quality freelancers. Although it has some issues to be addressed, most freelancers are decent people providing exceptional services for their clients. If you are looking to develop or build your business and want low-cost, high caliber work, create a free account with Fiverr and take your business to the next level.