If you are looking to make a good living, then a job that pays $42 an hour is certainly worth considering. On an annual basis, this would equate to approximately $87,360 per year. This breaks down to roughly $7,280 per month or $3,360 bi-weekly (every two weeks).
When broken down further into weekly paychecks of $1,680 and daily wages of around $336 – it’s easy to see why many people find this rate attractive.
Table of Contents
Highest Paying Cities That Pay $42 an Hour
1. San Francisco, CA: San Francisco is home to many tech companies and startups that offer high salaries for jobs requiring $42 an hour or more. The city also has a higher cost of living than most other cities in the US, which drives up wages for workers.
2. Seattle, WA: Seattle is another tech hub with many large companies offering competitive wages to attract top talent from around the world. Additionally, Washington state has no income tax so employees can keep more of their earnings compared to other states with higher taxes.
3. New York City, NY: New York City is one of the largest and most expensive cities in the world but it also offers some of the highest-paying jobs available anywhere in America at $42 an hour or more due to its strong economy and abundance of job opportunities across multiple industries such as finance, media, technology, and healthcare among others.
4. Boston, MA: Boston is known for its highly educated workforce and thriving technology industry which makes it a great place to find well-paying jobs that require $42 an hour or more due to competition between employers looking for top talent in this field who are willing to pay premium rates for skilled professionals here.
5. Los Angeles, CA: Los Angeles is home to Hollywood as well as numerous other entertainment businesses that often need specialized skill sets like those found at $42 an hour or above making it a great place for people seeking these types of positions with good paychecks attached too!
6 . Washington DC: Washington DC’s government sector provides plenty of opportunities for those looking for work at $42 per hour or above thanks largely due to its concentration on policy-related fields where expertise comes at a premium rate when compared against similar roles elsewhere in America.
7 . Chicago, IL: Chicago’s diverse economic landscape means there are plenty of options available if you’re searching out employment paying over forty-two dollars per hour, ranging from banking & finance through IT & software development right up into medical research & pharmaceuticals – all areas where demand remains consistently high enough that employers must compete fiercely against each other by offering attractive remuneration packages.
8 . Houston, TX: Houston may not be quite as renowned as some other major metropolitan areas within Texas but don’t let this fool you – there’s still plenty going on here economically speaking, especially when it comes to finding lucrative employment opportunities paying over forty-two dollars hourly! This includes everything from oil & gas exploration through engineering projects to aerospace manufacturing – all sectors where local firms have been known to offer generous compensation packages to stay ahead of their competitors both nationally and internationally alike.
9 . Denver, CO: Denver’s booming economy continues to draw talented individuals away from traditional coastal hubs towards Mile High City; particularly those seeking out better-paid positions such as ones commanding forty-two dollars plus per working hour! With Colorado having no personal income tax either then any salary earned here will go even further than usual too.
10. Austin, TX: Last but certainly not least we come to Austin – arguably one of best places in the United States for anyone wanting to secure a job earning upwards of forty-two dollars hourly wage! Not only does Texas lack a personal income tax system (like Colorado) but the city itself boasts vibrant culture full of exciting career prospects across a wide range of industries including music production/streaming services alongside software development e-commerce solutions etc.
What Jobs Pay $42 an Hour?
2. Database Administrator: A database administrator is responsible for managing databases to ensure their accuracy and security. They must have extensive knowledge of SQL queries and database management systems such as Oracle or MySQL. Additionally, they should be familiar with data backup procedures in case of system failure or corruption.
3. Network Engineer: A network engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining computer networks within an organization or company’s infrastructure. They must possess a strong understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP and Ethernet; additionally, they should also understand how routers work to properly configure them for optimal performance levels on the networked devices connected to them.
4. Software Engineer: A software engineer is responsible for developing software applications according to customer specifications while adhering to industry standards regarding coding practices and design principles. They need a deep understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts along with experience working with various development frameworks like Java EE or .NET Core Framework; additionally, they should also have excellent problem-solving skills so that any bugs can be identified quickly before deployment into production environments.
5 Graphic Designer: A graphic designer creates visual designs using tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to communicate ideas through images rather than words alone. To become successful at this job one needs both creative talents combined with technical know-how when it comes to manipulating digital images; furthermore knowing color theory will help create visually appealing designs which meet client requirements effectively without compromising quality standards set by the industry itself
Take Home Pay After Taxes for $42 an Hour
Assuming you make $42 an hour and are single, your take-home pay after taxes would be approximately $30.50 per hour. This is because you fall into the 12% federal tax bracket for singles, which means that 12% of your income will go towards taxes ($5.04).
Your remaining take-home pay would then be calculated by subtracting the amount of taxes from your total income, resulting in take-home pay of $36.96 per hour ($42 – $5.04 = $36.96).
If you were married filing jointly or as a qualifying widow(er), your take-home pay after taxes would be approximately $34 per hour.
This is because you fall into the 10% federal tax bracket for married couples filing jointly or as qualifying widows/widowers, which means that 10% of your income will go towards taxes ($4.20).
Your remaining take-home pay would then be calculated by subtracting the amount of taxes from your total income, resulting in take-home pay of $37.80 per hour ($42 -$4.20 = 37.80).
Advice For Living on $42 an Hour
When it comes to budgeting, lifestyle choices, expenses, and other financial considerations, the key is to make sure that you are making smart decisions with your money. Start by creating a budget that outlines all of your income and expenses.
This will help you determine how much money you have available for discretionary spending each month.
Next, prioritize your spending so that essential items such as rent or mortgage payments come first before non-essential items like entertainment or dining out. Make sure to also set aside some funds for savings each month to build an emergency fund and prepare for retirement.
Finally, be mindful of any lifestyle choices that could put a strain on your finances such as buying expensive cars or taking lavish vacations without considering the cost implications.
By being aware of these potential pitfalls and making wise financial decisions based on what works best for you financially, you can ensure that your $42 per hour salary is used wisely and efficiently towards achieving long-term goals.