If you are looking to make a good income, then a job that pays $146 an hour is certainly worth considering. This rate of pay translates into an annual salary of approximately $303,680 per year.
Every month, this works out to be around $25,306.67; bi-weekly it would be about $11,680; weekly it would come to around $5,840; and daily it would amount to roughly $1,168.
Table of Contents
Highest Paying Cities That Pay $146 an Hour
1. San Francisco, California: This city is home to some of the world’s most innovative companies and offers a high cost of living that reflects its status as an economic powerhouse. As such, it pays higher wages than many other cities in order to attract top talent.
2. New York City, New York: With its large population and diverse economy, NYC has plenty of opportunities for those with specialized skill sets who can command higher salaries due to the competitive job market.
3. Seattle, Washington: Home to tech giants like Amazon and Microsoft, Seattle is one of the most expensive cities in America but also offers some of the highest wages for skilled workers due to its booming technology industry.
4. Boston, Massachusetts: The hub for education and healthcare in the Northeast US makes Boston a great place for highly-skilled professionals looking for well-paying jobs; this includes those making $146 per hour or more!
5. Los Angeles, California: LA is another major metropolitan area where employers are willing to pay top dollar for talented employees; this includes those earning over $146 per hour on average!
6. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago’s strong economy means that there are plenty of high-paying jobs available here – including ones that pay up to $146 an hour or more!
7 . Washington D C.: The nation’s capital has no shortage of government agencies offering lucrative positions at all levels – including roles paying upwards of $146 an hour or more!
8 . Houston, Texas: Houston’s thriving energy sector means that there are plenty of well-paid positions available here – including ones paying up to $146 an hour or more!
9 . Dallas, Texas: Dallas is another Texan city with a strong economy that provides ample opportunity for highly paid professionals – particularly those who can earn up to $146 an hour or more!
10 . Denver, Colorado: Denver boasts one of the fastest-growing economies in America which translates into lots of good job opportunities – especially if you have skills worth around $146 per hour or above!
What Jobs Pay $146 an Hour?
1. Air Traffic Controller: Air traffic controllers are responsible for the safe, orderly, and expeditious flow of air traffic in a given area. They must be able to make quick decisions to ensure that aircraft remain separated and safely navigate their airspace. Requirements include passing an FAA medical exam, completing a training program at an FAA-approved facility, and obtaining certification from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
2. Anesthesiologist: Anesthesiologists administer anesthesia during surgical procedures or other medical treatments. They monitor patients’ vital signs throughout the procedure and adjust medications as needed to keep them comfortable and safe. Requirements include graduating from an accredited medical school with a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree (DO), completing residency training in anesthesiology, passing board exams administered by the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA), and obtaining state licensure.
3. Software Engineer: Software engineers develop software applications for computers or mobile devices according to customer specifications or business requirements. They design algorithms, write code, test programs for accuracy and efficiency, debug errors found during testing phases, document processes used in creating software applications, provide technical support when needed by customers using their products/applications, etc. Requirements typically include a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field along with experience developing software applications using various programming languages such as Java or C++.
4. Investment Banker: Investment bankers advise clients on financial matters such as mergers & acquisitions transactions; capital raising activities; debt restructuring; equity investments; portfolio management services etc. Requirements typically include earning a bachelor’s degree in finance/business administration/economics followed by several years of work experience within the investment banking industry before being promoted into senior positions where they can earn a $146 per hour salary rate.
5. Petroleum Engineer: Petroleum engineers design methods for extracting oil & gas from deposits beneath Earth’s surface while also finding ways to improve existing extraction techniques & technologies used today. Requirements usually involve earning a Bachelor’s Degree in petroleum engineering followed by gaining several years of work experience within this field before reaching higher levels which could potentially pay up to a $146 per hour wage rate.
Take Home Pay After Taxes for $146 an Hour
Assuming you make $146 an hour and are single, your take-home after taxes would be approximately $101.20 per hour.
This is calculated by taking the total amount of money earned ($146) and subtracting the applicable federal tax rate (22%) which comes to a total of $33.32 in taxes leaving you with a take-home pay of $112.68 per hour.
After factoring in Social Security Tax (6.2%) and Medicare Tax (1.45%), your final take-home pay would be approximately $101.20 per hour ($112.68 – 6.2% = 106 – 1.45% = 101).
If you were married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er), your take home after taxes would be approximately $103 per hour based on the same calculations as above but using the applicable federal tax rate for this filing status (12%).
This means that after subtracting 12% from your hourly wage ($146), you will have a total of $128 left over before factoring in Social Security Tax (6,2%) and Medicare Tax (1,45%). After these deductions, your final take-home pay will be around 103 dollars per hour ($128 – 6,2% = 120 – 1,45% = 103).
Advice For Living on $146 an Hour
When it comes to budgeting, lifestyle choices, expenses, and other financial considerations, the key is to create a plan that works for you.
Start by creating a budget that outlines your income and expenses. This will help you determine how much money you have available each month for discretionary spending. Once you know what your monthly income is, set aside an amount of money each month for savings or investments.
It’s also important to consider lifestyle choices when managing finances; prioritize needs over wants and be mindful of where your money goes so that it can be used in the most effective way possible.
Additionally, make sure to track all of your expenses so that you can stay on top of them and adjust accordingly if needed.
Finally, don’t forget about taxes! Make sure to save enough throughout the year so that there are no surprises come tax time.